Recreational opportunities are a very important factor in today’s hectic lifestyle. Whether you are looking for a relaxing game of golf, a fast paced basketball game, or a movie in the park, the DeWitt Area has something for everyone.
The area offers a number of parks and recreational facilities within its borders and many more opportunities are located throughout the adjoining communities.
There area numerous parks located throughout the City and the Township community offering play ares, beautiful gardens and sports facilities.
- Riverside Park located along the banks of the Looking Glass River, downtown DeWitt offers a pavilion, play structures, all kids playground, electricity, ample parking and restrooms. This is a popular location for kayak and canoe enthusiasts to launch their craft.
- River Trail Park also located along the river bank is just east of Riverside Park and offers a pavilion, restrooms, electricity, play structures and walking trails.
- McGuire Park is located west of downtown along the river just west of the DAESA Fire Station on Main Street and offers beautiful scenery and many amenities including two pavilions, electricity, restrooms, and play structures. Trails for walking or cross country skiing; picnic tables, grills, and mature hardwoods.
- Valley Farms park is a 25 acre park that includes both Kramer-Ruthruff's Ridge with disc golf course and the Township Community Center. This park includes picnic pavilions, basketball courts, volleyball court, soccer fields, softball fields, restrooms and play structures.
- The CASE Cares Miracle Field is located in Valley Farms Park. The Miracle Field is constructed with a rubberized surface with no barriers.
- DeWitt Sports Park is located at the corner of Herbison and DeWitt Roads. The park features two softball fields, one soccer/lacrosse field, play structures, restrooms, electricity, and picnic tables.
- Memorial Park is located along the south banks of the Looking Glass River in the heart of downtown DeWitt and is highlighted by a beautiful Gazebo and spectacular gardens maintained by the DeWitt Millennium Garden Club.
- Granger Meadows Park is a 75 acre park located at State and Wood Roads. The park offers 9,300 feet of paved and lighted trails, 4,500 feet of mulched trails, softball field, basketball court, picnic pavilions, Lansing area's highest sledding hill, and inline hockey rink. Electricity, restrooms, grills and play structures are also available.
- Richard A Padgett Natural Area located on Herbison Road west of Schavey, offers 70 acres of natural area, wandering woodchip trails for walking or cross country skiing; picnic tables, grills, and mature hardwoods.
- Water's Edge is a future park that will be created at the corner of Round Lake and Wood Roads.